Evidence Based Medicine and Social Investigation Conference
August 2–4, 2013, Vancouver, British Columbia
We are pleased to announce our third annual E.B.M.S.I. conference, designed for both families falsely accused of child abuse and professionals and paraprofessionals who work with child abuse cases. The faculty includes physicians and attorneys, expert witnesses and advocates, and social service professionals. These experts come ready to work with and learn from each other and the attendees.
The conference curriculum covers the fundamentals of evidence-based medicine and its role in improving how investigators and decision makers handle suspected abuse cases. The goal is to help child protection services truly meet the needs of children and their families and to help the legal system handle these difficult cases more justly.
- The evolving child abuse medical literature
- Medical mimics of abuse
- Defending against abuse allegations in both family and criminal court
- The standards and guidelines for child protection investigations and process
- The challenges of creating a bureaucracy to handle family matters
The faculty includes:
- Physicians from a variety of specialties
- Forensic pathology
- Biomechanics experts
- Veteran defense attorneys
- Social services professionals
- Parents who have survived the system
Please see the faculty 2013 page for more information about individual presentations.
Registration is $250 Canadian, currently very close to $250 U.S.
For the registration form, please go to the registration page.
For a downloadable version of the conference flier, please follow this link: 2013 EBMSI Announcement-Flyer.
For more information about the conference site, please see the Venue page.
For information about watching the conference on line, please see the Live Broadcast page.